(NEWSER) – An open letter to the “other woman” and a repo man taking a car—neither of which has the ending you’d expect—make this week’s list of brilliant stories:
- Mom’s Surprising Note to the ‘Other Woman’ Goes Viral: Audrey Loving’s ex has a new girlfriend, and Loving recently wrote the woman an open letter on Facebook—but maybe not quite the open letter you might expect. The post went viral, and left the new girlfriend in tears—happy ones.
- JK Rowling Makes Some Magic for Young Girl in Aleppo: J.K. Rowling just introduced another child surrounded by daily horrors to the wizarding world. But instead of Harry Potter living under the Dursleys’ stairs, it’s a 7-year-old whose parents are trying to distract her from the fighting in her hometown of Aleppo through books. It’s almost impossible to get books into Aleppo, but Rowling found a way.
- The Repo Man Came. Then He Made Their Day: A repo man had to take the car belonging to an elderly Illinois couple—but they reminded him of his late grandparents, so he decided to take an incredible step that left the couple feeling like they’d “[hit] the lottery.”
- Elderly Wood Seller Loses Wife, Gains Thousands of Supporters: Kenneth Smith, 80, has been selling wood on the side of the road in Mississippi since last year, first with his wife, Helen, by his side, then—after Helen’s death from lung cancer last month—by himself, in an effort to pay off her remaining medical bills. Last week, Smith got the attention of Jessica Pittman when he removed his hat for a passing funeral procession. She took a picture that went viral, resulting in dozens of new customers for Smith. Then something even bigger happened.
- Patagonia Won’t Keep a Penny of Its Black Friday Sales: Outdoors outfitter Patagonia took an unusual approach to Black Friday: CEO Rose Marcario says 100% of the day’s sales online and in its 80 locations worldwide, an amount CNN Money estimates will total $2 million, won’t go to the company but will instead go to something that “badly needs a gift or two.”
Click for more uplifting news.
Read or Share this story: http://usat.ly/2guxBil